The new single-lens BlackVue DR450-1CH is an affordable, yet high quality and reliable, BlackVue dashcam.
Coming in at the very affordable price point yet for a one-channel BlackVue dashcam, the DR450 is a great option for those who may not necessarily need all the bells and whistles of some of the more advanced BlackVue cameras, but who still want a dashcam that isn't going to give up on them after 3 days in the sun. With simple plug-and-play operation, you can be safely recording in a matter of minutes!
If you're familiar with BlackVue product line, you may have heard of the legendary DR650S-1CH and wonder how the two models compare.
The main differences between the DR450-1CH and the DR650S-1CH are:
· 2.0MP image sensor on the DR450 vs 2.4MP Sony EXMOR image sensor on the DR650
· GPS is built-in on the DR650S-1CH (internal GPS antenna), but optional on the DR450-1CH (via external GPS antenna)
· No WiFi interface on the DR450-1CH
· DR450-1CH front camera is slightly smaller in size than the DR650S-1CH
· DR450-1CH does not have cloud feature
The DR450-1CH deserves the consideration of fleet managers and others (parents, rideshare drivers, etc) who may be looking for a tamper-proof in-car audio and video recording solution. The DR450 now features a mechanism for securing the cover or "door" over the memory card, to ensure that no one has access to the vital recordings stored on the microSD card, nice! Use your own mini lock to secure the memory card, or a simple tamper-evident metal or plastic tie to prevent or deter anyone from accessing the memory card.
Note: This model includes a 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB memory card. You may choose the size above. The memory card is provided by BlackVue and is already inside the DR450, ready to go.
What do we like about the DR450-1CH
· New lower price point for the same BlackVue quality and reliability!
· Still Full HD 1080p recording, wow!
· 360 degree rotatable lenses. Record the camera to face inside the vehicle if necessary.
· Smallest form factor for extremely discrete in-car audio and/or video recording.
· Security mechanism for locking down the door over the memory card.
· Optional GPS position and speed logging.
· Voice announcements. Know what your dash cam is doing without needing to look at it.
Our verdict and we hope is yours too.
The DR450-1CH is a basic yet sturdy and reliable dashcam that doesn't make very many compromises. Instead or calling it beginner’s dash cam we can say it's just the most affordable model in the dashcam lineup from BlackVue due to the quality and features;. With the capability to record full high definition videos at a high frame rate, and support up to 128GB, the DR450-1CH is one of our best picks for a quality miniature dash cam.
Full Feature List
· Maximum Video Resolution: 1920x1080p 30 FPS
· No Screen
· 129 degree viewing angle
· Video file format: .MP4
· Video codec: H.264
· GPS logging (with optional external antenna)
· Motion Detection
· Low-light functionality
· Loop Recording
· Adjustable Exposure
· Audio Recording
· Date Stamp
· Auto Power-Off
· NTSC/PAL Adjustable
· Day/Night Mode
· Delayed Shutdown
· Certification: KC, FCC, CE, TELEC, RoHS, WEEE
· Interfaces: power, GPS in
· Memory Card Type: Micro SD up to 128gb
· Includes Playback Software: Yes (Windows and Mac)